Sep 24, 2011

Olympia to Aberdeen


BBQ BBQ BBQ!!!!!!

 So as I departed my sisters place in Kent I realized I hadn't eaten all day. Now when I'm driving I usually do this stupid thing where I don't eat because it means stopping and stopping means eating alone and that is something I am still getting used to.

FIIIRRRREE!!!

Pimped out Impala...too hot for it's own good!
 As I passed through Olympia my stomach decided that it was time to eat!!!! And what caught my eye?


 It stuck me like a hot poker and the chariot pulled ME over, opened my door and ejected me in the direction of the Neon pig.

How could it not be good....
 Now Olympia is a really nice little town from what I saw. It's got a good younger subculture, some very clean and meticulous yards. It's the state capital so that all makes sense. There was a surprising amount of homeless though and it was wierd because they were on all these side streets that no foot traffic was on. Oh well...maybe the plympia police keep them away from the central hangouts simply because it is the capital.

The small was fabulous!!!
 Back to the BBQ though as homelessness is a symptom of our society and the solutions come at a cost most aren't willing to pay.

Drrooollll (say it like a Moose would)
  I deferred to the "most popular dish" and with pleasure took a brisket sandwhich and a side of tater salad. I topped it off with a Moose Drool beer...perfect.


 The brisket was classic BBQ and the BBQ sauce was delicious. The potatoe salad needed some flavour to it but it was full of fresh red potatoes and you could certainly tell it was made today.

The sauce was just right!!
 After lunch I raided their fridge for some unique rootbeers and hit the road....


The days of the elected Sheriff!

Delicious Root Beer from California!

Found on the Pink Pig Bathroom wall...Hiiiiiaaaayyyaa!

Nuckloor Juice!
Industrial Abderdeen...the start of the most amazing highway i have been on so far!


1 comment:

  1. Brian...great lookin lunch! I too have had the pleasure of consuming moose drool...lol..glad the burning car had nothing to do with you. Laurel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!