Sep 5, 2011

Somewhere along the Kootenay Pass

So about 13km into the Kootenay Pass (between Creston and Salmo) I started to run into some trouble with my accelerator. It just didn't seem to be there anymore. I tried for a bit to hump it along but it wasn't something with the gas or the hills...it was mechanical.
The Chariot waiting for some tlc


So with a little butterfly in my stomach and about a 1/4 tank of gass less than I should have had... I pulled over into this rest stop. Pulled the doghouse off the van and saw the problem right away....it's a 1984 Dodge! :)

 Lucky I am who I am and with a bread tie and some red green skills I was back in action...but thought I'd take a walk and stretch out my worries. Viola...some of the most fabulous river scenery I have ever seen



.....and this!!
The Inukshuk Village! It was such a nice random thing to see I just had to jump right in and add my own contribution to it.

 

It was cool...when I built it the shade was covering it and when I came back from my walk the sun was shining right on it!!
Every single rest stop along the way is beautiful in it's own way. In one I saw a grizzled old dude with the handle Papabear@hotmail.com written on his old school bus that he lived in fulltime. He was off to the side, generator out, awning pulled, book in hand...no rush and no plan.

I started recording my drive as well. It's way too big to post but my thoughts are to keep recording the driving parts of the journey and the compress them into a video file in the future. It's kind of cool having the cam going and as an added bonus if there is ever an accident it will be recorded.

As always I know it's been slow. I have no idea how these other people do it but take lessons and keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!